The education system in the United States is vital to the development of our youth, providing the foundation for them to do great things in the future and lead our country. Schools today need a solid foundation of information technology, not only to keep their operations running smoothly but to also help students learn as they prepare for the future.
But many schools rely on parents and volunteers to manage their information technology. This can easily lead to unsecured networks and IT downtime. To make sure your IT systems are set up correctly, you need to turn to someone who has a proven track record with schools in the Washington – Baltimore Area.
Schools Today Need Professional IT Support
Schools have unique needs when it comes to information technology. They need services and solutions like:
- Student management software support and consulting.
- Microsoft Office 365 for education deployments.
- Mobile computing with Google Chromebooks and iPads.
- Online portals for faculty, students and parents.
- Testing and evaluation software.
- IT security and compliance support for CIPA
What Should You Expect From Your IT Team?
You need services that allow your faculty to focus on teaching rather than technology problems. This requires a professional team that specializes in how public and private K-12 schools use technology.
Your IT team must offer full school IT management, co-managed IT services, or occasional help with critical projects. Plus, they must provide proactive support and solutions designed to minimize IT interruptions and downtime that keep your technology running at peak performance. This includes:
- Systems Optimization: You need to make every dollar count. The right IT provider will help you optimize your technology so it consumes less power, requires less oversight and maintenance, and results in a greater return on your investment.
- Planning & Consultation: Your IT team should work with you to find and leverage innovative solutions like server virtualization, Microsoft Office 365, cloud-based hosted services and more.
- Acting as a Liaison with your communications and Internet Service Providers to ensure you are getting the value from your money spent.
- Wireless Networking: They should ensure that you’re using a wireless network that’s secure and easy to access from classrooms, offices, and everywhere else on your campus that you require.
- Setting Up Separate Networks: Make sure your IT provider separates different networks for teachers, students, and visitors, and that the right policies are in place for students who bring their own devices to school.
- Keeping your students and faculty members safe online through managed anti-virus software, web filtering, and firewalls that minimize the risk of malware or virus infections.
- Help Desk Support: If you ever need assistance with any IT-related issue or problem, your IT provider should be readily available via email or phone.
- Assistance For Special Projects: When your teachers are working on new educational projects that require special IT support, your IT provider should be there to make their job easier.
- Training: They should excel in training your faculty for the productive use of technology resources.
- Cloud Solutions: Cloud services have become indispensable for public and private schools. You need a team of IT professionals who will monitor the health and cost-effective use of your cloud IT infrastructure.
- Helping teachers remain productive during and outside of school hours with cloud services designed to give you secure access to essential files and applications outside of school.
Your School Needs IT Services That Align With Your Budget
Both Public and Private school personnel are faced with increasing budgetary challenges. As technology evolves, you must look for solutions that provide value and longevity. You can’t waste money on software or hardware that ends up sitting unused in a closet.
Look for an IT service company that offers a wide range of services for a predictable monthly fee or on an as-needed basis. Regardless, you need a team that will give you the outstanding managed IT services your public or private school requires that align with your budget, including:
- Software Management & Updates
- Hardware Management & Monitoring
- Device & Network Security
- Onsite Support
- Email Hosting
- Server & Workstation Backups
- 100% Mobility
- IT Consulting
- 24/7/365 Online Support
Don’t let IT challenges keep your students and faculty from the high calling of education. Empower teachers and administrators to work smarter and more efficiently. With the right IT and professional assistance, you can shine in your community, and your school will leave a lasting mark on students and their families.
We know how important education is in our communities, and that’s why we focus on providing the best computer and IT support to private and public schools. Kyocera Intelligence. proudly serves many schools in the Washington – Baltimore Metropolitan Area. We can help yours too. Contact us for a complimentary IT Assessment of your needs.
Each month we publish technical tips, IT news, and current events that can improve your use of technology. Check them out on Our Blog.