Avoid Unnecessary Waste With The Right Managed Document Services
We see this all the time: businesses wasting money in all sorts of ways with unnecessary devices misused resources and inefficient hardware. Plus, we see high-paid staff spending precious time on simple printer issues with endless hours lost dealing with different suppliers and vendors. Do you see this in your organization as well?
The right Managed Document Services (MDS) help you optimize your entire output set-up. By providing a comprehensive bundle of services to streamline your document output management, you can reduce the workload of your IT department and cut your environmental impact.
You’ll receive a careful analysis of your company’s structure and needs. Then you’ll get a detailed program to target your specific issues. The results are significant: large cost reductions and valuable administration benefits.
What Exactly Is MDS?
It’s superior to Managed Print Services (MPS) (Managed Print Services) because where MPS only focuses on output, MDS optimizes your entire document output process, from capturing to archiving, workflows to security and environmental impact. This holistic approach makes MDS a unique and vital strategy for every company that wants to look at its entire potential for cost reduction. Experience shows that MDS can reduce document output costs by around 30%.
The right MDS uses a process of Assess, Design, Implement, Optimize, and Manage to precisely identify your document output costs. It highlights where time and resources are wasted before creating a tailor-made environment to reduce your overall costs and impact on the planet.
What’s more, by offering a wide range of services from one single source, an MDS provider eliminates the frustration and time-wastage of dealing with numerous vendors. Ultimately, MDS can streamline your output management, reduce your IT department’s workload, and also cut the environmental impact of your printers and MFPs.
How Can MDS Lower Our Output Costs?
Too often, the time-consuming task of procurement is a spontaneous process performed by various members of staff whenever stocks are low. However, when the supply chain is running inefficiently, companies endure the risk of downtime when stock runs out, or they lack space for high-volume orders. And with no clear system of stock planning in place, highly-paid staff waste valuable time on routine jobs such as ordering and replacing toner.
MDS offers a wide range of efficient Supplies Management services, from automated procurement to fast Help Desk support. Its Remote Monitoring system constantly checks all your consumables and reorders depleted materials automatically before you run out. With a proactive delivery service, you will always have the consumables when and where you need them. You avoid unnecessary stock-piling and save time, expense, and trouble.
Are There Any Additional Benefits To Using MDS?
MDS Reduces Stress
In many companies, high-paid IT departments waste countless valuable hours on administration and management of the output infrastructure. Even the most simple supplies order, repairs, or installations require dealing with numerous vendors and service personnel. Further frustrations arise from the downtime and cost-inefficiency of using a variety of suppliers and technicians.
With only one point of contact, MDS saves you trouble, man-hours, and downtime. Whether it’s new hardware, spare parts, or paper, your MDS provider can arrange everything you need for any printer and multifunctional device, regardless of the brand.
You have only one contact person and one bill. And this frees your IT managers from tedious administration so that they can use their core skills for more productive tasks. Reduced frustration and administration costs and increased productivity for valuable IT staff are also benefits that you’ll realize from MDS.
Without ongoing management, your document output environment can’t continue functioning efficiently and therefore keep pace with advances in business technology. Ultimately, already over-worked IT departments struggle to find time to implement necessary innovations, keep repairs up-to-date, and maintain compatibility between new and aging devices.
Once your document output environment is optimized, MDS provides continuous management to ensure that everything works together smoothly and effectively. Your MDS provider will work proactively to ensure that performance stays at peak levels, carrying out constant cost control as well as remotely monitoring for any irregularities or maintenance requirements. Efficiency is maintained through regular reporting to management and continuous improvements to meet your changing needs.
Your Staff Will Work More Efficiently
90% of all companies (IDS Whitepaper) have no idea what their true document costs are. Many hidden costs make the output much more expensive than most people assume, such as inefficient hardware and workflows wasting time and resources.
Most companies don’t know how many document output devices they have or what they are used for, and it’s hard to identify where processes are creating an expense. With no monitoring procedure in place, other important areas are also left uncontrolled such as environmental impact or data security.
A Managed Document Service takes a holistic approach when determining hidden costs and possible savings, providing you with a detailed analysis of your current set-up, the efficiency of your processes, and the resulting costs.
The MDS Assessment identifies the inefficiencies in your document output environment, making it clear where savings can be made. By taking all the relevant expenses into account, MDS is a unique and vital strategy for every company that wants to realize its full potential for cost reduction.
You’ll Reduce Waste
Studies show that companies spend up to 3% (Gartner) of their turnover on output costs. But output efficiency means more than just low-cost equipment and low TCO (total cost of ownership). A lot of money is wasted through inefficient hardware, workflows, and output management.
Most companies don’t consider all the necessary factors when trying to lower their output costs. This is why currently only 16% (IDC White Paper) of all companies use document solutions, even though 67% (Quocirca) put a high strategic priority on output.
Managed Document Services not only decrease your wastage but also increases your productivity. A dynamic, three-phase process gets your workflows running at their optimum cutting costs and frees up your IT support from routine jobs that others can easily handle.
Step-by-step, MDS discloses the weak points in your output environment, developing solutions, and opening up savings potential. This concept takes into account your unique technical, economic, and organizational demands, tailoring a program for your company.
Experience shows MDS can reduce overall document costs by up to 30%, as well as reducing environmental impact and increasing productivity.
What Should We Look For In An MDS Provider?
Look for a complete solution. MDS should optimize your entire document environment in 5 flexible, carefully designed phases. Customized to the size and unique requirements of your business, the process should start by identifying weak spots in your current infrastructure before seamlessly implementing solutions to cut costs and improve ongoing performance.
For the best results, make sure they implement these 5 phases:
They should begin by gathering data and understanding your business. This includes a professional assessment of your entire document environment from fleet audit to financial, volumetric, and energy data.
Using in-depth analyses, as well as interviews and surveys, the assessment phase should highlight all areas of wastage and poor productivity across your organization. The result will be a clear report showing exactly where money can be saved and processes optimized.
As part of the assessment, your MDS Provider should look at the following vital areas:
- Finances: Understanding exactly where the money is being spent.
- Devices and consumables: Their efficiency, suitability, and maintenance costs
- Workflows: Whether productivity can be improved through smarter software
- Documents: How efficiently and securely they are being printed, stored, managed and distributed
- Environmental impact: Where you can save energy and reduce your carbon footprint by exchanging devices.
Phase 2: Design
The design phase is all about your business: Your size, your budget, your targets, and performance requirements. The solution should be a perfect fit with the ideal combination of hardware, software, and process development to generate the maximum return on investment.
- Solution design: With a comprehensive portfolio of software, MDS should improve workflows, system control, resource efficiency, and document security.
- Fleet design: It should consider everything from the most suitable devices for your needs to their placement for optimal productivity.
- Financial services: Your MDS Provider should offer uncomplicated leasing programs optimizing your balance sheet as well as your equipment.
Phase 3: Implement
Their priority during implementation should be to have the least impact on your day-to-day business, minimizing downtime and risk. That’s why implementation should be overseen by a professional project management team and carried out by highly qualified technicians and engineers. Your MDS Provider should ensure the least possible disruption to your business by working after hours and on weekends.
- Professional change management: Dedicated service with constant progress reports
- Hardware & software installation: By qualified engineers and technicians
- Training: Staff and helpdesk support to eliminate errors and downtime
- Flexible logistics planning: Implementation at a specific time, out of hours or over the weekend to suit your business
- Storage & disposal: Secure, efficient and environmentally and legally compliant
Phase 4: Manage
The management service should be committed to delivering optimized performance, reliability, and cost-efficiency. With a range of on-site and remote support capabilities, your provider should take care of your entire document infrastructure, keeping workflows at peak levels and looking after time-consuming daily admin.
- Fleet maintenance: Comprehensive service packages for maximum uptime
- Remote monitoring: Delivering proactive support
- Automatic restock of consumables: Saves hassle and downtime
- Dedicated hardware and software support: Remote or on-site IT teams to maximize performance and reliability
- Regular performance reviews: Face-to-face meetings and accurate Management Information (MI) reports to ensure your satisfaction
Phase 5: Optimize
Your business will never stand still, and neither will its print and document needs. Delivering ongoing optimization, MDS continually analyzes your fleet and workflows for new ways to improve cost-cutting and performance. Regular assessments should show you the quantifiable benefits of MDS and allow your provider to make sure they are meeting your targets.
- Data analysis: Through fleet uptime and optimization analysis, you can quantify the financial value of the services you receive
- Fleet design: Making sure your equipment keeps pace with your requirements
- Environmental impact: Analyzing your carbon footprint and whether targets are being met with regular reviews and satisfaction surveys
Your MDS provider should optimize your entire output process from hardware to workflows and staff productivity regardless of what brand your devices may be. They should ensure industry-leading support through fast Help Desk Support and Remote Monitoring. So you can now get all the output management services you need from a single, reliable source.
What Should We Look For When Selecting MDS Hardware- Software & Service?
- Printers, copiers, and multifunctional devices renowned for their exceptional reliability and economy.
- Software applications that guarantee for lean and secure document processes.
- Long-life imaging components that will dramatically lower total costs while providing the high productivity and exceptional image quality your business demands.
- Lower running costs
- Award-winning ultra-reliability
- Easy-to-use technology
- Environmentally-friendly devices
- Commitment to quality control
- Unsurpassed performance
- High standards of integrity
- Productive business applications
For example, TASKalfa multifunctional products (MFPs) and ECOSYS printers deliver superior performance and best-in-class reliability. Whether looking for brilliant color, crisp B&W, or business transforming applications, they offer a wide range of advantages.
When combined with HyPAS applications (Hybrid Platform for Advanced Solutions), your ECOSYS printers and MFPs give you the flexibility to manage job-specific tasks efficiently and securely. Customizable applications include Secure Print Release and AccessLock, and a host of other utilities.
Make sure that you’re partnering with a financially stable company with a robust governance system:
- A company that has always focused on environmental protection and the preservation of economical resources when developing its products and technologies.
- With the expertise, you need from a highly dependable service partner.
The right services are of great benefit to small and medium-sized companies. They can help to achieve significant cost reductions in your company.