Teachers strive to provide the best education possible for their students, but they usually face strict budget constraints. Microsoft Office 365 offers an abundance of technology that’s free for schools. Here are seven reasons why teachers should use Office 365 in their classrooms.
1. Office 365 Provides a Variety of Apps
Office 365’s applications help teachers provide their students with a variety of online educational experiences. Whether they’re for interactive lessons or individualized learning, these apps can help teachers meet their students’ educational needs. Applications can be downloaded and installed quickly using Click-to-Run technology. They include:
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Students not only learn how to use PowerPoint, but how to put together professional presentations that are informative and engaging.
- Microsoft Word – Students will learn to use Microsoft Word more effectively with the many projects and lesson plans that are offered.
- Microsoft Excel – Teachers can make spreadsheets and data analysis fun and engaging for their students. Apps include lessons for everything from analyzing inventory for a particular store students like, to creating a recipe.
- Microsoft Publisher – Educators can use Microsoft Publisher and clip art to create posters and cards. There are a variety of color schemes, text choices, and backgrounds to choose from.
- Skype – Students can connect with other students in classrooms around the world to collaborate on projects. This enables students to learn about different countries and cultures.
2. Office 365 Offers Cloud-Based Access and Storage
As a cloud-hosted app, Office 365 is stored and supported by Microsoft. This means teachers and schools don’t own it but subscribe to it, making Office 365 affordable and scalable. Storage is another excellent reason to start using Office 365. All the data that’s used by both staff and students is stored safely in the Cloud. With unlimited storage, there’s no need to worry about having enough space for data. And, teachers and students will no longer have to worry about losing a thumb drive containing hours of hard work.
3. It’s Always Updated
Updating computers and programs can be technically challenging and time-consuming. Since Office 365 is stored in the Cloud and supported by Microsoft, it’s updated automatically. This means schools can count on having the latest technology and security in place. There’s no need for continual maintenance or dependence on an internal IT team.
4. It Provides School-to-Work Transition Skills
One of the top priorities of education is preparing students to make a smooth transition from the classroom to the workforce. Students are now expected to possess baseline technology skills. Office 365 provides them with the training tools they need for learning how to Skype, put together PowerPoint presentations, create graphs and spreadsheets and more.
5. Office 365 Supports Global Collaboration
Office 365 provides opportunities for both teachers and students to collaborate with others around the world. Teachers can share information using PowerPoint, Excel, or Word and use formatting that remains consistent. They can collaborate in real time whether it’s with a school across town or across the globe. Teachers can also use collaboration tools to provide tutoring and online classes.
6. Schools Get Free Services & Unlimited Storage
Office 365 for Education is free for students and teachers who are currently attending an educational institution. Basic services and applications are provided including Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Yammer. Schools receive unlimited storage when five or more users subscribe. They can pay for extra services depending on their students’ needs.
7. Data Control and Security
Office 365 provides a high level of built-in security that keeps student and teacher data secure. With 24-hour remote monitoring and threat management, schools can rely on consistent anti-spam and anti-malware protection. With a strong level of safety, schools won’t have to worry about student data being compromised.
Microsoft Office 365 helps teachers easily organize their materials, put together interactive lessons, and create individualized learning plans for students. Teachers and students can easily access all the great training and tools that are available at any time.
We understand the limited resources administrators face, and we’ll work with you to come up with solutions for today and years into the future. IT is important because it connects schools to the digital society and enables the next generation to not only learn, but to eventually transform society for the better.
For more information on how your school can benefit from using Microsoft Office 365, contact the experts at Kyocera Intelligence and One Source Imaging Solutions in Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Want to learn more about what’s happening in the world of IT? Visit our Blog where we publish informative articles every month. Here are a few examples of what you’ll find.