A Message from Kyocera Intelligence Re: COVID-19 Pandemic
We Know That Right Now, It’s a Time of Great Uncertainty for Many… Here’s What We’re Doing in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Kyocera Intelligence is classed as essential business, and as such, we are continuing to operate in a remote capacity. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been well-versed in remote work and many of our clients maintained business contingency plans that incorporated remote work tools and processes. We are working with many businesses to assist them with managing their day-to-day operations, despite the current circumstances.
Our team is following all of the CDC’s recommendations re: health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are deeply committed to ensuring the health and safety of our staff, clients, and communities around us. We know the CDC’s recommendations are essential for minimizing the spread of coronavirus, and as such, allowing us to get back to “normal” as soon as possible. If you are not familiar with the CDC’s recommendations, click here to view their workplace recommendations.
Here’s what we’re doing…
- Keeping our employees operational from home while providing remote support as needed to our clients.
- Postponing all onsite visits and/or meetings until further notice and requiring those who need onsite support to practice social distancing when we arrive.
- Requesting that our clients remember that remote support is handled on a first come, first serve basis – meaning call us immediately rather than waiting until it is urgent.
- Reminding those we serve that some orders may be delayed as a result of the current circumstances, and as such, it’s important to order replacements/equipment asap.
Please keep in mind, we are severely limiting onsite visits – but we understand that there will be emergencies that require us to come onsite. In this case, we will require you to maintain social distancing in terms of remaining 6-feet away from our staff, keeping the number of employees in the office to a minimum, and confirm that any staff at your location are symptom-free and monitoring their temperature regularly.
Here’s what our team can assist with in terms of planning…
- Implementation and configuration of remote work tools, including cloud-based productivity suites, VoIP business phones, and more.
- Guidance on better leveraging existing tools for remote work, such as commonly overlooked Microsoft 365 features like Microsoft Teams or SharePoint.
- Assistance with the creation of an incident response plan to ensure you’re prepared to continue operations, despite the current circumstances.
- Migrating in-office servers, line of business applications, business phones, desktops, and more to the cloud.
- Offering cost-saving ideas for internet connections, processes, and line of business applications.
- Providing training re: remote tools, cybersecurity, etc. for employees dealing with uncertainty while working from home.
- SBA Disaster Loans: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
- Paycheck Protection Grant Form: https://www.sba.gov/document/sba-form–paycheck-protection-program-borrower-application-form
- Work Share Pennsylvania: https://www.uc.pa.gov/employers-uc-services-uc-tax/shared-work/Pages/default.aspx
- Unemployment Compensation (UC) COVID-19 Resources: https://www.uc.pa.gov/COVID-19
- Rapid Response Assistance Program
- Work Share Maryland: https://www.dllr.state.md.us/employment/worksharing/
- Maryland’s COVID-19 Business Response: https://govstatus.egov.com/md-coronavirus-business
For an interactive COVID-19 map, see here. As usual, reach out to us if there is anything we can assist you with or any questions we can address for you.