The Difficulties Of Changing IT Companies
Better the devil you know than the one you don’t, right?
At least, that’s what they say. Often, when it comes to your IT company, the assumption is that if you’ve worked with one company, you’ve worked with them all. Even if you’re not satisfied with the one you currently have, it’s probably not worth you’re the time and effort it’ll take to find a new one. You’ll just encounter the same problems.
But that’s not the case – the COVID-19 pandemic was a prime opportunity for IT companies to step up and help their clients pivot to remote work. Did your IT partner do their part?
If not, then you need to make a change – check out our latest video to learn more:
Switching IT Companies Can Be Complicated… But It Doesn’t Have To Be!
There are plenty of reasons for you to switch IT companies. Maybe your current one is delivering what they promised. Maybe your organization has outgrown its resources.
Once you know you need to make a change, the reason doesn’t matter anymore. What does matter is how you plan the transition.
Given how important IT is to your daily work, you’ll want to avoid unnecessary downtime, configuration issues, and other problems that can stem from a poorly planned transition.
To transition smoothly, make sure to follow these five steps:
- Don’t cancel your service from your current IT provider until you have everything in place with your new IT provider.
- Make sure you have admin access to all accounts, data, and applications, along with a master list of passwords and other login info.
- Make sure your new IT company performs a cybersecurity assessment to confirm that no backdoors exist.
- Once your new IT company is in place, you can cancel the service with your previous provider.
- Make sure your staff knows about the change in IT support, and how to make use of the new service.
If you’re thinking about finding new IT services but are worried about the switch, Kyocera Intelligence can help – from now until September 30, 2020, we’ll waive onboarding and your first month fees.
We follow a carefully developed migration roadmap, taking your needs as a business into account to minimize necessary downtime and make sure your new IT environment and support services are optimized from day one.