The Benefits Cloud Accounting Provides
CPAs and accountants are moving to the Cloud. Why? Because Cloud Accounting is the evolution of business accounting services. It allows for more interaction with your clients. Most of our accounting clients are now on the Cloud. Is the Cloud right for your accounting firm? We’ll answer some questions here that CPAs ask us.
How Can Our Clients Benefit From Cloud Accounting?
Whether you want continuous, easy access to your data 24/7 or you want to go paperless, Cloud Accounting’s advantages are different for every client. If you want to be a partner in your client’s success, we can recommend the best use of Cloud for Accounting for your business and guide you through the entire process. Your clients will see:
- Reduced facility requirements
- Reduced number of employees
- Minimal equipment and IT costs
- Paperless record storage
- Paperless payroll
- Reduced expenses
- Faster identification of problems
- Increased profitability
How Will Your Accounting Firm Benefit From Cloud Accounting?
- You will be able to expand your talent reach because your staff and principals will have more secure access to your clients’ financials.
- You can reduce your costs due to less need for space in your office with the Cloud’s remote access capability. The cost to rent commercial property continues to rise. Why have to constantly expand or move because you are growing? Cloud Accounting allows you to grow without incurring larger expenses on your P&L.
- Your firm will benefit from better communication and collaboration with your clients, providing them easy and secure access to their financials.
Why is Cloud Technology Recommended For CPAs And Accounting Firms?
Better IT Security
Cloud Accounting provides better security than storing files on servers and hard drives. Your files will be encrypted and accessible only to your employees. Your network won’t be exposed to hackers and viruses.
With Mobile Device Monitoring from your employees can safely use their own phones and computers when they need to work remotely.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
An enterprise-based cloud solution allows you to recover your entire IT infrastructure quickly, applications and all. Servers, desktops, files, and applications are all stored in a secure data center. This is essential for business continuity and disaster recovery.
Cloud Computing Saves Money
With cloud computing, you don’t pay upfront fees to license software. You can sign up for Office 365, your accounting programs, or whatever software you need on a per-user basis. This is a good solution for smaller CPA firms because it’s budget-friendly. You can designate these as business expenses rather than capital expenses.
Work From Any Device or Location
Cloud computing gives you the ability to work from home, while on vacation or at a local coffee shop. Your files and documents are in the Cloud, so they’re available when and where you need them. Your staff will always have access to the most recent edits of any document.
You can benefit from a variety of hosted cloud solutions including:
- Hosted Microsoft SharePoint: With SharePoint, you can create a secure and customizable online portal to promote teamwork and simplify collaboration.
- Hosted Microsoft QuickBooks: Easy-to-use, even for new employees.
- Hosted Microsoft Exchange: Exchange ensures the reliability and security of your emails.
- Custom Application Hosting: Custom application hosting is a tailor-made support system aligned to your unique business needs.
When you store and edit documents in the Cloud, your files are stored in a central location so your staff has access to the most up-to-date version. Document control is much easier with the right cloud solutions. Collaboration on documents is simplified.
CPAs and accounting firms are usually swamped during tax season, then things slow down during other parts of the year. You can scale up your cloud solutions in busy times or scale them down when things are slow. No need to waste money on services you don’t currently need. Because you pay for cloud solutions on a per-user basis, you can readily adjust them.
Your firm will be more competitive when you use cloud computing solutions. If you run a small CPA firm, you can access enterprise-class technology that larger businesses use but at a more reasonable price. With pay-per-user applications, you can better compete. Cloud computing will also enhance your operational efficiencies so you can deliver services faster.
Focus On Your Business
Cloud technology streamlines many procedures while improving overall efficiency. CPAs and Accounting Firms in the Baltimore and Washington Area have more time to focus on serving their clients and growing their businesses.
What Are Some Cloud Accounting Programs We Can Use?
Many of our CPA clients use the following:
- Sage 50 and Sage 100
- Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Great Plains)
We also have accounting firms that partner with other companies, like Thomson Reuters to help them with tax and accounting software. The Kyocera Intelligence team will work with partners like these to ensure your firm is operating efficiently and so all your staff have access to the cloud solutions they need.
If you found this article helpful, we have many more in Our Blog. Take a break and check them out.